What is Stress Test and How to Do Guide
I – What is Stress Test;
Stress testing is a form of testing that is used to determine the stability of a given system or entity. It involves testing beyond normal operational capacity, often to a breaking point, in order to observe the results. (from wiki)
II – When Should You Use?
If everything seems allright even after HDD and RAID check, but still Qnap gives abnormal errors, just like slow data trasnfer performance or unexpected errors, you can check system stability with stress test.
Dont forget to share results with Qnap Taiwan Support or your seller.
III – Qnap Stress Test Guide
(Warning : Taken From Qnap Support Taiwan. Please remove this QPKG immediately after done)
1. Install the QPKG on QNAP NAS to get system information details
2. Go to Web management page, select “Application Servers” -> “QPKG Center” -> “Get More” and select the qpkg file to install it.
3. After have installed it, enable the QPKG and go to the Diagnostic Tool web page.
4. There are several functions on the web page: Dump Logs, Kernel Log Analyzer, HDD Stress Test, File System Analyzer, HDD Analyzer. Please send us the result of the test logs.
5. After usage of the QPKG, please disable or remove it immediately.
6. Send Results to your Local Tech support or Qnap Taiwan.
Disclaimer: Win-Pro Consultancy is a reseller of QNAP Products. For Technical Support, please visit www.qnap.com
If you are interested in QNAP Products:
Hotline : +65 6100 2100 (SALES)
Phone Number : +65 6717 8729
Fax Number : +65 6717 5629
1003 Bukit Merah Central #05-17
or allow us to contact you!