What is Reset Button Function?
Enable configuration reset switch
When this function is turned on, you can press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the
administrator password and the system settings to default. The disk data will be retained.
|System||Basic system reset(1 beep)||Advanced system reset(2 beeps)|
|All NAS models||Press the reset button for 3 sec||Press the reset button for 10 sec|
Basic system reset (3 sec)
After pressing the reset button for 3 seconds, a beep sound will be heard. The following
settings will be reset to default:
- System administration password: admin.
- TCP/IP configuration: Obtain IP address settings automatically via DHCP.
- TCP/IP configuration: Disable Jumbo Frame.
- TCP/IP configuration: If port trunking is enabled (dual LAN models only), the port trunking mode will be reset to “Active Backup (Failover)”.
- System port: 8080 (system service port).
- Security level: Low (Allow all connections).
- LCD panel password: (blank)*.
- VLAN will be disabled.
- Service binding: All NAS services run on all available network interfaces.
*This feature is only provided by the NAS models with LCD panels. Please visit http://www.qnap.com for details.
Advanced system reset (10 sec)
After pressing the reset button for 10 seconds, you will hear two beeps at the third and the tenth seconds. The NAS will reset all the system settings to default as it does by the web-based system reset in “Administration” > “Restore to Factory Default” except all the data are reserved. The settings such as the users, user groups, and the network shares previously created will be cleared. To retrieve the old data after advanced system reset, create the same network shares on the NAS and the data will be accessible again.
Disclaimer: Win-Pro Consultancy is a reseller of QNAP Products. For Technical Support, please visit www.qnap.com
If you are interested in QNAP Products:
Hotline : +65 6100 2100 (SALES)
Phone Number : +65 6717 8729
Fax Number : +65 6717 5629
1003 Bukit Merah Central #05-17
or allow us to contact you!