Qnap ISCSI Problems & How to Fix
ISCSI Becomes Unreachable
- Diretly Plug Qnap ethenrnet cable to your Laptop / Pc
- Download Qnapfinder and check if Qnapfinder could find Qnap on network. Try to login Qnap.
- At Admin page, go Disk Managment -> ISCSI and check if “Enable ISCSI Target Service” option is Enable under Portal managment.
I have a great screenshot that shows possable ISCSI errors. Check your ISCSI status and try to fix solutions down below;
At 1.st example named “Test”, see that left “plus” seems grey, and it means you have target but no Lun. You may accidently delete lun, so login with winscp and check if your luns are under .@iscsi.img folder or not. if they exist, try my iscsi lun recovery document to fix the problem, or request help from Qnap support Taiwan.
At 2.th example named backup, ISCSI target seems stopped and just start it back by pressing blue icon. if if doesnt work, login with winscp and check if your luns are under .@iscsi.img folder or not. if they exist, try my iscsi lun recovery document to fix the problem, or request help from Qnap support Taiwan.
At 3.th example named 859ftp, ISCSI lun gives error, because its not there anymore, so connect with winscp and check if its still under .@iscsi.img or not. check my “iscsi lund doesnt exist under “.@iscsi.img” document.
At 4.th example named 200gb, everything seems perfect on Qnap. Try to Restart Qnap and reconnect via ISCSI initiator on windows if problem fixed or not. If problem still exist, check your RAID system if its allright. Sometimes you must fix your RAID from “in degreed mode” to reach your ISCSI back. If problem exist, check my ISCSI lun recovery document or request help from Qnap Taiwan.
Incoming search terms:
- error message pool full qnap
- qnap iscsi drive removal
- qnap lun delete
- qnap network problems
- qnap remove iscsi lun
- qnap remove iscsi sotrage
- windows fix for qnap
Recent IT Support Articles
- QNAP Releases One Case Study Showing How Turbo NAS Facilitates File Sharing and Management in Education(2013.02.04)
- QNAP Expands Turbo NAS Peripherals Compatibility List with New 3.5″ External Hard Drive, USB TV Tuner and USB security camera keyboard controller(2013.01.30)
- QNAP’s Newly Launched 10GbE Ready TS-x70 Series Turbo NAS Now Shipping(2013.01.21)
- QNAP TS-EC1279U-RP Turbo NAS Honored With InfoWorld 2013 Technology of the Year(2013.01.15)
- QNAP Security Launches New Tower VS-4100 Pro+ and VS-6100 Pro+ Series VioStor NVR with Enhanced CPU Performance(2013.01.14)
- QNAP Debuts TS-x69L Turbo NAS Series Embedding Media Player for TV via HDMI, and Supports More for Ultra Home Entertainment(2013.01.10)
- QNAP Introduces Video Wall Controller with Tablet-friendly Applications(2013.01.08)
- QNAP Launches New 10GbE NAS Solution, Demonstrates NAS 3.8 Firmware, and Unveils New High Performance NVR series and CMS Solution at CES 2013(2013.01.08)
- QNAP Launches HS-210 Silent NAS with Fanless Design for Home and Multimedia Applications(2013.11.21)
- QNAP Security Launches Cost-efficient VS-2100L Series VioStor NVR for Home/SOHO Users(2013.11.18)
- QNAP Releases New Turbo NAS TS-212P for Home Users(2013.11.14)
- QNAP Launches TS-x70 Pro Series Turbo NAS Delivering Smooth Multimedia Transcoding Capabilities(2013.11.13)
- QNAP Security Releases VioStor CMS Turnkey Solution, Beneficial to Centralized Management in Large-scale Surveillance Deployment(2013.10.31)
- QNAP Announces Support for the New WD Red™ 3.5-inch 4 TB and 2.5-inch Hard Drives(2013.10.09)
- QNAP Launches TS-x70 Tower Series Turbo NAS with Scale-up Solutions to Meet Data Growth Demands(2013.10.09)
- QNAP Launches SAS-Enabled Turbo NAS and 2.5” High-Density Turbo NAS Delivering Breakthrough Performance(2013.10.02)
- QNAP Updates QTS 4.0 for Its Business-class Turbo NAS Models with Scale-up Solution, Powerful Storage Manager and More(2013.09.25)
- QNAP Security Enhances Storage Expansion Solution and Adds Edge Recording Function for VioStor NVR Firmware v4.1.1(2013.09.17)
- QNAP Security Launches New 4-drive Rackmount VioStor NVR VS-4100U-RP Pro+ Series Featuring High Reliability(2013.08.29)
- QNAP Security Releases VioStor NVR Firmware v4.1.0 Introducing Storage Expansion Solution and Smart Recording(2013.08.05)
- QNAP Security Releases VMobile 2.0 App for iOS Mobile Devices(2013.07.25)
- QNAP Security Launches VS-12100U-RP Pro+ Series VioStor NVR Delivering Up to 450 Mbps Throughput(2013.07.22)
- QNAP’s TS-1269U-RP NAS Awarded Highest Rating by Macworld(2013.07.10)
- QNAP Receives four Top Honors in PC-WELT Reader Survey 2013(2013.07.10)
- QNAP Security Releases VMobile 2.0 App Enhancing Remote Surveillance Experience(2013.06.24)